Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 45 ml espresso
- 50 g ground coffee
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 sachet (about 8 g) vanilla sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 250 g ground almonds
- 50 g flour
- 1 tbsp Kirsch
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Pour hot water over the chocolate until it has melted and then carefully pour the water away.
- Prepare the espresso.
- Add the espresso and melted chocolate to a bowl.
- Add the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and freshly ground coffee.
- Whisk the ingredients together, gradually adding the almonds and flour.
- Then chill the dough for an hour.
- Cut off small portions with a teaspoon, form into small balls between your hands, and roll them in the sugar.
- Leave to rise for an hour and then bake at 230°C for 5 minutes.
The guetzli are ready to take out of the oven when they start to show fine cracks.